2006 APCUG Photo Contest Rules
- The photo contest will begin on May 1, 2006.
- Final submittal of entries will be September 30, 2006. Entries not postmarked on that date will be returned.
- The contest is open to all individuals who are members of APCUG-affiliated User Groups.
Photos may be submitted in each of four categories:
Note: Landscape can be mountains, sky, sea, flowers, desert, trees, etc.
- People and children
- Still life.
Still life is any object not shown in motion: architecture, automobiles, boats, sculpture, historical objects, etc. Let your imagination look through your viewfinder!
- Entries must be taken with a digital camera
- All submittals are to be printed as 8 ˝ x 11 photos. Panoramic prints must not exceed the same area as 8 ˝ x 11 (i.e. 93 square inches). Prints must be made on glossy photo paper.
- Prints are to be without borders. Entries received with borders will be trimmed before presentation for judging.
- Entries can be color or black and white.
- The entry label is to be pasted or taped to the back of each print.
- Entrants will submit one photograph (with 4 prints of it) in each category and a CD or floppy disk with the image in .jpg format.
- Entrants will be judged for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place under the following criteria:
- Composition (5 points)
- Technical Skill (5 points)
- Visual Impact (10 points)
- All Entries must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2006 and mailed to:
APCUG Photo Contest
C/O Bill James
9209 Forest Cove Circle
Oklahoma City, OK 73130
APCUG will not be responsible for any lost photos in the mail. Entrants should retain copies of their photos, only entries that are postmarked after September 30, 2006 will be returned.
- There will be 3 judges reviewing all entries. Each category will have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards. The People's Choice award will be selected from all entries and that selection will be chosen by the attendees at the APCUG Conference in January, 2007. First Place winners and the People’s Choice winner will be published in the APCUG Reports. Awards and certificates will be presented at the APCUG Conference in January, 2007.
If there are any questions, contact: Roger Tesch or Bill James.
There will be additional notices in upcoming APCUG Reports along with entry forms.
Get those cameras clicking! With the interest in Photography shown at workshops and SIG groups, there should be a good turnout for this event for all members.
The entry form is shown below, but you can also open this pdf file and fill in common fields, and then print as many copies as you need for your submission.
|ENTRY Label (APCUG 2006 Photo Contest)|
|User Group Name |
|Category (circle)|| ||A (People and children)|| ||B (Animals)|
| ||C (Landscape/flowers)|| ||D (Still life)|
|Date (Please label each photo)|
|File Name |
Close This Window